Glebe North Football Club is a proud Member of the 20x20 Movement championing women and girls in sport and physical activity in Ireland, supporting women and young girls becoming more physically active and more involved in sport both ON and OFF the pitch/ court/ playing grounds.
The 20x20 - Club Charter has 3 Pillars which are as follows:-
Increasing Media Coverage
Actively increasing visibility of our female teams/athletes and club competitions at all levels by 20% by the end of 2020.
Actively increase female participation at player, coach, referee, volunteer or administration level by an overall average of 20% by the end of 2020.
Increasing Attendance at female sports events/games
Actively promoting and planning to increase attendance at female sports games and events by 20% by the end of 2020.
Glebe North FC will be focus on all Pillars
1. Increasing visibility (media coverage):
• All members (and all sports where applicable) will be represented in our club news in the local newspaper, newsletters, noticeboards, posters and on our social media channels.
• We will profile both female and male athletes on posters, noticeboards, social media, events/ medal presentations, club correspondence, and marketing assets etc.
• We will publicise all club fixtures/ events/ matches (if possible, together with boy’s and men’s events).
We will have joint club events, fundraisers or taster/ open days for girls and boys.
• We will publicly show that we are a 20x20 Member Club by ensuring the Flag, Charter and our 20x20 three actions are visible in the club and online.
2. Increasing participation:
• We will establish a girls or women’s membership in our club.
• We will organise a participation-focused event to highlight what is available for local girls and women to encourage them to try the sport and be more active.
• We will create coaching opportunities for our club’s female members and players
3. Increasing attendance at female sports events/games:
• We will encourage families and the whole community to go to club events irrelevant of whether it is a women’s event or a men’s event.
• We will encourage all members to attend and tune into female sporting events across all sports.
• We will share details of events with the local school, college and within our community.
• We will encourage those at the sporting events or matches to share details on social media with comments, pictures, ‘check in’, and encourage them to #ShowYourStripes.